Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Two more finished.

This quilt is Country Pathways, I purchased the pattern at the scquilters retreat in Bendigo in 2007 along with a starter pack of fabrics from Threadbear. I added a lot of my old favourites and some repros to finish it off. The poor thing was on my workroom floor forever as I don't have a design wall but Sunday I took pity on it and had it finished in no time. I have since added the needleturned flower centres, these were finished Sunday night. I put one of my favourite older fabrics in this quilt, the poppy fabric.


Next finish was the revised tumbler quilt that Lissa and I swapped our repros for. I took about 5 rows from the length and added them on the sides so it's 26 tumblers across and 25 long. As you can see (on a queen size bed) it's quite large. The end tumblers have to be trimmed back to create a straight edge as I wasn't organised enough to do this during construction! At least after a lot of fiddling around it's done. I still have around 100 tumblers left over so I will make a lap quilt out of the leftovers.


Last but not least...my Dear Jane fabric range.



2 comments:

Lissa Jane said...

aw bundy.. it looks freaking awesome.. nearly as nice as mine, so dont go mixing them up now you hear *W*
I just realised, we have nearly the SAME FREAKING bed.. how spooky is that??? and even freakier, my bedroom was a similar shade before we painted it yellow (and about to paint it purple)..

SPOOKY.. we'll have to get ourselves organised for another swap.. next HUGE project is going to be a 1000 pyramids quilt.. or in my case, 101 pyramids cause I'll get bored / sidetracked quickly!

Merry Chrissy to you bundy!!!


Lissa

antique quilter said...

both quilts are just beautiful
Isnt't that awesome to have 2more quilts finished!
I love looking at all the fabrics in the tumbler quilt.
Kathie