Monday, December 08, 2008

I am a Golden Jane!

Yay I have finished my 5oth block. At this rate it will take me 4 years to complete my Baby Jane.



F-9 Autumn Aster. I wasn't very happy with my points on this applique as the red fabric kept fraying as I was trying to needleturn the points, very frustrating. I have had this trouble before with red fabrics....coincidence? I completed this block at our DJ first Saturday of the month sit and sew at Pentland Patchwork.



M5 Mother's Point which was the BOW for last week, I did complete it in time but I didn't email to say that I had! This was completed Sunday night. It was the first BOW I have completed for quite a while, maybe a year. I have to start doing it again as it means I will at least do one block a week. Hmmm....it looks a bit on the crooked side here but looks ok really so I will have to pull it out for another look.



D-1 Alison's guiding light. This weeks BOW, completed Tuesday night.



L-7 Town Square, completed Wednesday night.



The 50th block, also completed Wednesday night M-10 Simple Simon.

Bernadette 50-5-1-1078

5 comments:

Charlie P said...

Oh my goodness! 50 is very impressive indeed! I'm not sure I can stand 4 years of excitement to see the finished product :-)

Jane Monk said...

Congratulations on our achievement. How nice it will be to actually finish. The DJ in your next post is fantastic. Can't wait to see your finished DJ.
Cheers
Jane

Jane Monk said...

I meant "Your Achievement Bernadette - not "our" achivement. Freudian slip of the tongue perhaps .... well I had better get back to my DJ soon.
Cheers and Merry Christmas to you.
Jane

Lurline said...

Happy Golden Jane Anniversary! The blocks are so beautiful!
Hugs - Lurline!

Kate Quilts said...

They look lovely. I'm not game to start on DJ. It's on my "one day" list.