Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dishcloth Quilt, another UFO

Believe it or not I have been working on another UFO or WIP, not a new project. Well not a new quilt project anyway. This quilt is The Dishcloth Quilt, another pattern from one of my favourite shops, Patchwork on Stonleigh. It got it's name as it has pieces of teatowel in it. I started this one quite a few years ago, two at least and came to an abrupt halt as I got to the outer pieced border only to find that the pattern had given me the wrong measurement for the quarter square triangles, not happy Jan!!! So after some unpicking and recalculating the triangles the outer borders are done. Now I have to work out what size spacer row to put in to make the borders fit, this is one strange pattern, not very precise at all so no doubt it will be put away for a bit of a breather. It is pretty though!



Vintage MOP buttons


That darn border!





Favourite embroidered flower.


Needleturn flower.

Can you pick the teatowel?


No that's not it! (above) The fabric above looked like a teatowel so I thought it fitted in beautifully and bought it.




That's it on the right, the red and white check.




3 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

This is a lovely quilt... good luck with the border... Love the colours!! :o)

Lurline said...

Looks lovely, Bernadette! I have this pattern kicking around somewhere - never did start though. Look forward to seeing it finished!
Hugs - Lurline!

Lissa Jane said...

bundy
they do the 'stuff ups' with patterns on purpose, to see if you are awake!

this is a lovely lovely quilt and its red too! my favourite!


Lissa