Monday, November 10, 2008

Another finish...or two!

I have crossed another two quilts off my WIP or UFO list and placed them on the "to be quilted" list. That makes 17 waiting to be quilted....still I guess it's better than the 50 odd WIP's I have!!

First is my disappearing nine patch quilt. I had finished it as I bought it in a kit at the local quilt show but then I decided it was too small so I got some fabric for some borders. Unfortunately I couldn't match the large rose fabrics (green first choice white second choice) I wanted so I settled for one that matched the colours in the quilt.

Second is the Funky quilt. Pattern available from Ballarat Patchwork. This quilt has not all but lots of Amy Butler fabrics which I love. I really love all the strips in the borders.



9 comments:

Candace said...

Your quilts are beautiful, and the fabrics are wonderful.

Vicki W said...

Love the Amy Butler quilt!

rachelmp said...

They look great Bernadette!

Lissa Jane said...

my you have been a busy petal.. lucky you know a good quilter!!! LOL
Lissa
who is sick home from work and too sick to sew..

our shabby cottage said...

WOW Bernadette - they look amazing!

Lurline said...

Gorgeous ... I hope to start a disappearing 9-patch this week ... then the other looked just gorgeous, too ... may have to reconsider!
Hugs - Lurline!

Annie said...

Love the Funky quilt Bernadette. Well done on completion . . . almost!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh B the quilts are just so gorgeous..

Anonymous said...

Love your quilts... I have just finished my 2nd disappearing nine patch top...a table runner... in fact i'm ready to quilt it... hopefully tonight!! Lx