Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fourth finish for July Challenge.

Here is finish number 4 for the July Challenge! I do love strippy quilts and this one is quick and easy. This is the third version I have made in this pattern. The first one is a shabby chic, this was the second one started (but the last one finished) and the other one was the voilets quilt for my Aunt's 60th in January.



Only trouble is that I couldn't get the stripes all running the same way...oh well it's only for me as the greens match my walls and carpet and I guess you know I love roses and couldn't resist these large full blown pink ones and of course you can see the reproduction fabrics.








Below is Jill's lovely oriental quilt, this was her very first quilt!! She has done a wonderful job as she has never done a class. She is nearly finished her second quilt and it's even better and has a small square irish chain setting so she has done very well considering she is self taught. It has been quilted with Clamflower and has variegated signature thread on the back. The only problem is black picks up EVERY little bit of fluff and thread!!




Kaye's cute little chenille quilt has Rhapsody quilted on it. I loved the backing on this quilt it reminded me of the old eiderdowns we use to have when young. I think it's from the Sanctuary range and I am tempted to buy some and just quilt it.









And finally last but not least my lovely reproduction fat 1/8 swap is home! Some gorgeous fabrics and only a couple I already had, not bad out of 42.







Happy Birthday Jodie!


















8 comments:

Cathi said...

Your fourth finish is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful. I love the colours and the fabrics. Yummy!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow...Bernadette you finish is just so stunning....well done on another finish...

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on another finish! Your quilt is so pretty. I love the fabrics that you used.

Jodie said...

You and Annie are out to get me ......Thankyou !

Lurline said...

Wonderful quilts, Bernadette. Thanks so much for joining in the repro swap - great fun!
Quilty hugs - Lurline.

Dionne said...

Such lovely pictures. Your work is beautiful. I absolutely love your Dear Jane chart. You're the first to inspire me to try a Dear Jane myself... well, almost. It's a bit intimidating. I love your Blog, I'll be back often.
Cheers!
Dionne

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I just discovered your blog. I absolutely love your dense quilting! Very stunning. I quilt on a home machine, but definitely enjoy seeing big beautifull quilted quilts!

Charlie P said...

Your quilting skill never caeses to amaze me. I've just been admiring the quilting you did on Rahcel's Lime and Soda quilt, it looks great :)