Friday, April 04, 2008

Kerry's Blog

Today I had a lovely day with my friend Kerry. She has done a great job updating her blog and adding a few of her favourite patterns on it for you to have a look at. Do make sure that you go back a page and have a look at the sneak peak of a couple of her projects for the gathering in Hobart I am just waiting for when she releases the pattern for them. Click here to take you there She loves to read the comments that have been left for her but she is still feeling her way around.
Kerry does the most exquisite embroidery (especially satin stitch which I am hopeless at) and her springtime quilt also comes with directions for a backstitch version as well as the satin stitched. You really need to see these quilts "in the flesh" to appreciate them, I especially love Vintage Broken Dishes....my kind of fabrics...lol.
I have been privileged to see her new six month block of the month which she is releasing soon so keep watching for that, it's just gorgeous for lovers of patchwork and stitching. I have also heard there could be a giveaway in the future. vbg Below is one of my stitched bears from Kerry's Honeybears pattern, Kerry used country fabrics but mine will be softer colours I think, not sure yet.


Ok so here's one of the reasons I was bashing my head on the desk after buying the Kaffe Fassett fabrics.......

Yes that's right....I had already purchased these Prints Charming fabrics from the Follow Your Imagination range.....plus two ring ins, the paisley green/blue one and the end blue/green cirles with flowers in, isn't it the cutest! And I have never beeen a blue girl!!!!???? See I am really turning retro, fresh and clean and there's more to come....but they can wait for another day.

Finally little Coco's quilt is on the machine, snuck in between the customers quilts. I am putting Springtime on it, a cute pattern with daisies and butterflies.

No comments: