Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Today I have finished off one of my quilts, what a change! This quilt I started quilting in the christmas holidays but had to take it off the machine as I had a couple of customers quilts that had to be done and of course it never got back on the machine. Now I have a reason I had to get it finished so its all done except for the binding. My hump and bump feathers are getting better and I even did the pebble spine in the feathers on the borders.










Tonight at the sit and sew I try to get to once a month at the patchwork shop I picked the violet fabrics for my Aunts quilt. At least now I will have a few months to get the quilt made and quilted by January. I plan on doing a simple strippy quilt the same as the quilt pictured so the actual piecing for this quilt doesn't take long at all. As well as having done this quilt once before and I also have another cut out and half sewn together.


3 comments:

Anita - aka Granny Patches said...

Oooo, nice job on the quilting! I need more practice on my hump and bump feathers.

sionwyn said...

ooh lovely. I love (lots, I keep looking at it and feeling all gentle summer-eve sigh) the half-finished top, too ... I'm such a sucker for pink & green antiquey florally goodness. Maybe one of these days I'll figure out how to make that aesthetic play nice with fur & feathers & monkey skulls heh.

Bernadette said...

lol Sion, I can just imagine that, you would make it very arty I am sure!