Thursday, December 07, 2006


I have still been beading more than quilting, not that I have done much of either really. After helping my eldest daughter Rebecca look for (and found!) her wedding dress which was a day shopping in the city then running dinner down to youngest son Tim who hasn't been eating properly the next night then helping Holly move house the next day I needed a rest.....phew! I am not getting any younger. It's times like that I realise it. Anyway Sunday afternoon saw me with some spare time and I made some bracelets running into Sunday night. I got out the pink beads and the top left consists of pink mother of pearl coin beads, large lampwork beads, gold filigree spacers, pink freshwater pearls and czech crystals. Top right is pink mop coin beads, swarvoski crystals and rose quartz chips, bottom right is pink keshi pearls and pink pearl nuggets with large seed bead spacers bottom left is a pink bead charm bracelet with glass beads, lampwork beads, pearl beads, rose quartz chips and crystals. I have buying quite a few more gemstones and various shaped mother of pearl and freshwater pearl beads which is a bit more expensive. I think I will have to start selling them because I can't wear them all I just like making them and it would be nice to pay for some of the supplies.




I am going to post some more photos of my completed quilt tops in the hope I will get some finished sometime. I don't intend having too much time off over Christmas as I have quite a few custom quilts to finish before the Ballan quilt show in March and would like to have at least one custom of my own done for it but I don't really like my chances. Pictured at right is The Cotswold Quilt, another pattern from Patchwork on Stonleigh. If you couldn't guess already I love their quilts and have another one of their quilt patterns finished and another couple waiting to be made up. I am not anal about making up my own patterns, if I see something I love I want to make one usually in my own version colourwise but sometimes I love the original so much I go close similar colours. The Cotswold is a large quilt I think around 92" square.








No comments: