Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Here we are a week later and not much closer to a quilt being completed, even a pantograph!
I should be working but as I have to take DS1 back to the hospital for his post op check I don't seem to be motivated to work for a hour. It was a busy week last week with the operation, the funeral, the early morning airport pick up and return of DD2, lots of catching up then the 1st birthday of Isabella.

I have decided to post some photos of some of the tops I have finished in the past 12 months a bit of show and tell. Most awaiting quilting of course!

The first one is a dresden plate quilt. I have used mostly reproduction fabrics or the antique flowers style fabrics. Well originally it was going to be entirely dresden plates but I got sick of needleturning the plates onto the backgrounds and I had some nine patches left over from another project so I turned the nine patches on
point and alternated the blocks. The look I was trying to achieve was a scrappy antique look, as if it was a "make do" quilt after all thats how they were made back then just with anything they had. I think it worked.

I love the border fabric and wish I could get more but I can't find it anywhere, I think they have sold out of it. Most of the reproduction fabrics I have collected from my local patchwork shop Pentland Patchwork in Bacchus Marsh or from Patchwork on Stonleigh as I subscribe to their fabric club.

Hopefully this will be motivation to quilt this
over the christmas break!

No comments: